Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WTF is wrong with women today?

I'm sure I'm gonna sound VERY 1950s but I don't care. I was in the post office today. There was a girl there with her husband and her mother. They were joking around about how the daughter has NO home making skills what so ever. She can't cook she can't clean doesn't know how to change diapers or anything else. Her reasoning was "I'm only 25". She laughed that "cooking" to her was frozen dinners in the microwave. What is it with so many women under the age of 30 that do not know how to cook from scratch? My bestfriend and I loe nothing more than cooking for those we love and care about. Heck we even make pancakes from scratch. (1 egg
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoons oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt)
It is just beyond me that a woman wouldn't know how to cook for her mate. What happens when these types of women have children? Do they feed them McDonalds when they pop out of the womb? I'm not saying take out or fast food is "wrong" but don't you want to be able to cook your own food and know exactly what is in your food? If you can't pronouce it chances are you shouldn't be eating it. Now days you can cook a meal in less time it takes to get a pizza and for about the same price. Even if you have to work and don't havemuch time you can toss something in the crock pot on the way out the door and it's ready by the time you get home from work. With sites like http://www.5dollardinners.com/ and http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ it's easy to make healthy and fun home cooked meals for your family at ANY age.
I find that men look at me oddly when i offer to cook them a meal or bake them cookies. They seemed shocked that i know where the kitchen is let alone HOW to use it. Has the art of cooking been lost on our current/next generation of wives and mothers? Hell I even made home made babyfood for my friend's son. (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-make-baby-food-in-your-crockpot.html). I guess I just think in some ways it's "ok" to have "women's work". Do i think a woman should know how to cook for her mate and children? OF COURSE!!!! I think men should know how to cook as well but I can't speak for them. I don't have a penis. I only know how I feel from a female point of view. Learn to cook ladies. Quit making the rest of us look bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment